Opulent Victorian estate in premier harbourside locale
Why you’ll love it:
An historic 1886 mansion “Alta Mura”, a distinguished residence of this caliber rarely comes to market. Originally built in 1886, it’s a stately freestanding property reminiscent of a grand London home with soaring high ornate ceilings, rich timber floorboards and sumptuous marble fireplaces. Its 130-year-old grandeur has been meticulously renovated and transformed into one of the most breathtaking homes in Sydney, featuring interiors by Anna Spiro and gardens by Peter Fudge.
There are a number of qualities that make this home truly unique, special and coveted. Firstly, it occupies a huge 746.1sqm parcel of blue-ribbon land centrally placed within 200m of Sydney Harbour foreshore reserves and McMahons Point village shops, cafes and restaurants. Secondly, its whisper-quiet and exceptionally private setting is reminiscent of a country estate. Finally, its clever layout manages to feel warm and connected while also offering completely separate living spaces and bedrooms suites for a functional family lifestyle.
The home reaches the pinnacle of entertaining bliss with seamless indoor/outdoor poolside entertaining crafted to capture northerly sunshine. Only the finest finishes and inclusions have been selected to appoint the gourmet open plan kitchen. The oversized bedroom suites and marble bathrooms are simply divine, and the self-contained retreat is perfect for young adults, in-laws, guests, or a nanny.
The decadent formal and informal living/dining spaces and lavish library, are each themed by a bold colour, showcasing interiors that dreams are made of. For a sense of inspiration, gaze out over the boat-filled waters of Lavender Bay or enjoy a Harbour Bridge cameo from the second level. Car enthusiasts will love the double garage, and additional two secure spaces.
A living experience of pure indulgence in a premier position convenient to bus, rail and ferry transport and top public and private schools, this historic home is a little slice of heaven.
– Lounge room with gas fireplace, grand formal living/dining
– Gorgeous library and home office for relaxing and working
– Stone poolside entertaining terraces in manicured grounds
– Gourmet open plan kitchen with stone island breakfast bar
– Miele appliances with induction cook top and dishwasher
– Huge master bedroom with walk-in robe, deluxe ensuite, and veranda
– Veranda gazes over boat-filled Lavender Bay to Luna Park
– Oversized bedrooms with built-ins, Harbour Bridge cameo
– Light-filled, fully tiled marble bathrooms, and freestanding bathtub
– Self-contained retreat ideal for in-laws, young adults, or nanny
– Secure entrance, double garage, and two secure parking spaces
– Stroll 200m to local village shops, cafes, delicious restaurants
– Stroll to North Sydney station, 2024 Metro, ferry wharf, buses
– Short ferry ride to Sydney CBD, Opera House, and Barangaroo
– Convenient distance to Wenona, Shore, Monte, Loreto, and St Aloysius
Best suited for:
Families who value abundant space, natural light, historic elegance, sumptuous modern living, sun-drenched poolside entertaining and a cosmopolitan harbour foreshore lifestyle